- Sunkissed by Kasie West
- Genre: Young Adult Contemporary
- Publishing Date: May 4, 2021
A lighthearted and swoony contemporary YA romance by fan-favorite author Kasie West about a girl who finds that a summer spent at a family resort isn’t as bad as she imagined…and that falling in love is filled with heartache, laughter, and surprises!
After being betrayed by her best friend, Avery is hoping for a picture-perfect summer. Too bad her parents have dragged her and her sister to a remote family camp for the entire summer. And that’s not even the worst part. Avery also has to deal with no internet, a cute but off-limits staff member, and an always-in-her-face sister.
But what starts as a disaster turns into a whirlwind summer romance as Avery embarks on an unexpected journey to figure out what she truly wants and who she wants to be.
Thank you to the author Kasie West and TBR and Beyond Book tours for giving me a chance to be on think book tour and providing me with a free e-copy of this book! Today I bring y’all a Moodboard along with a mini review in form of 15 reactions while reading the book!
- Relaxing, especially cause it is set during vacations!
- All the band and music goodness was oh so pleasant.
- The banter and the relationship between the sisters unsurprisingly felt like home.
- Somehow all the activities around the camp made me nostalgic, especially the sports.
- Reading it was sooo cutesy and swoony, especially Brooks (He reminded me of Heath from Gourment Hound <3)
- The romantic plot was so fluffy, I wanted to dive right in the fluffiness.
- Of course there were certain parts that touched my heart amazingly.
- Lauren’s character made me want to scream WOW and curse at the same time for some reason.
- The additional, guests believing that they are on the top of the world didn’t fail to make me mad lol.
- The summery vibes that was present all over the book made me even more anticipatory for my summer break!
- The bonding between Avery and Brooks honestly warmed me up.
- Music, music, music – it centric to the plot and really the BEST thing about this book.
- I wasn’t shocked per say with all the twists in the book – they were more like guilty pleasure for me hahaha.
- Many a times it made me go all AWW and aww, it was soo cutee!
- The plot was character driven in many instances, focusing on relationships and all, so I can say it made me feel like even I wanted to explore and test my limits!
Kasie West is the author of many YA novels, including The Fill-in Boyfriend, P.S. I Like You, Lucky in Love, and Listen to Your Heart. Her books have been named ALA-YALSA Quick Picks, JLG selections, and ALA-YALSA Best Books for Young Adults. When she’s not writing, she’s binge-watching television, devouring books, or bury-ing her toes in the sand of the Central Coast. Kasie lives in Fresno, California, with her family.